Call for Applications – The Society of Black Academic Surgeons (SBAS) and the Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) Visiting Professorship
Application Deadline: June 5, 2023
To provide active SBAS and AWS members who are faculty members at the rank of Associate Professor and within 15 years of their faculty appointment the opportunity to serve as a Visiting Professor for the Department of Surgery at a host institution. The host site application will open soon.
To promote the careers of mid-career SBAS-AWS members and recognize academic excellence.
The awardee must be an active member in good standing with SBAS or ¬AWS and be an Associate Professor of Surgery within 15 years of their faculty appointment. If awarded, you will be expected to join the other organization.
Requirements for application:
- Letter of interest with summary of past participation and involvement in SBAS and AWS
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from their Department Chair
- Provide a 1-page summary of area of expertise and examples of power point “grand rounds type” presentations previously delivered
How to Apply:
The applicant must submit all the above required materials in one PDF to Nathalia Granger (SBAS central office) at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “SBAS-AWS Visiting Professorship Application.”
Visiting Professor Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the host institution to determine the optimal time for the visit.
- Work with the host institution to plan the visit including travel and accommodation reservations.
- Submit an expense form with appropriate back-up receipts to the SBAS-AWS Visiting Professorship Committee within 30 days after the visit.
- Submit a report to the SBAS-AWS Visiting Professorship Committee summarizing the visit within 30 days of the visit that includes information about the experience, thoughts on the process, and the overall program.
- Attend the SBAS and AWS Annual Conference during the year of the visit.