Section Chief: Pediatric Surgeon at the University of Arizona
Location: Banner University Medical Center in Tucson, AZ
The Department of Surgery at Banner – University Medical Center in Tucson is actively seeking a Pediatric General Surgeon at the Associate Professor or Professor level to serve as the Section Chief of a developing and expanding pediatric surgery program within our Trauma and General Surgery Division. This is an exceptional leadership opportunity to build a pediatric surgery program in an academic department with strong surgical oncology, transplant, trauma, and general surgery programs to support the growth of the program.
Along with program development, the selected individual will have the opportunity to advance a full-time general and specialized clinical practice of pediatric patients within a richly diverse population. Clinical services are provided at the Banner University Medical Center in Tucson and clinics located within the community. The position involves mentoring young pediatric surgeons who recently completed training while teaching and mentoring general surgery residents. An evidenced enthusiastic commitment to clinical and didactic teaching is desired. The preferred candidate will also possess strong research interests, either in clinical research, basic science research, or both.
There is a long-term opportunity to build a formal division and pediatric surgery fellowship as the program grows. The qualified candidate will receive a faculty appointment at the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
- 1.0 FTE
- Clinical responsibilities: OP Clinic, IP Rounding, Surgery
- Main Location:
Banner University Medical Center Tucson
1625 North Campbell Avenue
Tucson, AZ 85719
- Certification by the American Board of Surgery
- 5+ years of experience as a Pediatric General Surgeon
- Fellowship-Trained in Pediatric Surgery
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience building a fellowship program are preferred
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry-leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and pharmacy plans
- Qualified tuition reduction for dependents at any AZ state institution
- Paid malpractice
- Eligible for benefits coverage within 30 days
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
Tucson provides beautiful weather and an affordable lifestyle with a host of professional opportunities, cultural amenities, and recreational activities such as:
- Majestic mountains in every direction and breathtaking sunsets
- K-12 educational options and the academic excellence of the University of Arizona
- Endless sunshine with no humidity, fresh air, and easy access to the sand and surf of San Diego and Mexico
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network came together in 2015 to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system providing the highest level of care accessible to Arizona’s communities. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine, focusing on teaching and patient care with expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals who serve the community.
We encourage you to mention this site when you submit your CV to Dr. Taylor Riall and Linda Montano at: email@example.com .
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA – M/W/D/V Employer.